Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a collection of our most frequently asked questions. If you cannot find your answer here, then please contact us.
- How do I contact customer service?
- How do I contact other members?
- Are your members for real?
- Your members seem extremely eligible. Why can’t they find a date?
- How do I block someone?
- How do I change my username or password?
- How do I change my email address?
- How do I change my location?
- How do I temporarily inactivate/hide my account?
- How do I update my profile?
- Why isn’t my profile coming up in searches?
- How do I view my own profile?
- What are Fitness Singles’ profile guidelines?
- Why am I not receiving any responses to my profile?
- How do I hide my profile?
- How do I remove my profile?
- How do I submit a photo for posting?
- What format and size of photos are acceptable?
- What are Fitness Singles’ guidelines for photos?
Viewed My Profile
To contact Customer Support, click here.
Simply view their profile and click “Show Interest” or “Email”. Sending and reading email requires a premium membership.
Absolutely. All profiles are user generated and we are extremely diligent about removing any profiles that are misleading or created for purposes other than finding an activity partner or a date. Our editorial staff monitors profiles 24/7 and will intercept any profile we deem questionable before it enters the community.
Occasionally, if a profile is approved that turns out to be phony or an attempt to spam, we move quickly to remove it from our community. If you come across any of these profiles, please click here to report them immediately to our profile evaluation team and we will review the member in question promptly.
We find that our members do not have difficulty finding dates but instead are looking for a particular type of date that is centered around common interests. Remember, it’s not about quantity but about quality!
Fitness Singles members engage in active lifestyles and understand the importance of lifestyle compatibility when it comes to dating for the long run. When you have a busy life, however, you often have much less time to go out every week and sift through countless prospects to find one who is a suitable match. Fitness Singles enables health conscious people like you to find their ideal partner in a safe, convenient environment — it’s no wonder why we’re the most popular dating site of our type!
You may block a member by clicking “Block” after opening their mail or by viewing their profile and clicking “Block Member”. To unblock members, click “Blocked Members” on your Messages page and select the member you wish to unblock. To see the list of members you have blocked click here.
Once a member is blocked, the blocked member will no longer be able to contact you through messages. The blocked member will also be unable to view your profile. If you have been blocked by a member this will be indicated if an attempt to contact the blocking member is made.
Why should I subscribe to Fitness Singles?
At Fitness Singles you are free to create and post a profile, search profiles and tease via “Show Interest”. If someone you are interested in has “shown interest,” you must subscribe to begin the exchange of personal, customized messages. Once subscribed you have full access to all the features of the site. This includes the unlimited sending and receiving of messages.
Click “Subscribe” from the top menu after logging in. This option will not appear after subscribing.
You may pay by credit card, debit card, online check, check by phone, PayPal, or by mail (check or money order.) We accept the following major credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Amex and Discover. Checks, and money orders require a minimum purchase of a three (3) or six (6) month subscription. Checks and money orders should be made out to e-Unity Corp / Fitness Singles. Please include your username and email address with your payment. Our address is:
e-Unity Corp/ Fitness Singles
257 S Shore Drive
Buffalo, NY 14219
Your membership will be upgraded to Premium status after payment has been received and the check has been cleared at the bank.
Once your credit card has been charged, your order is non-refundable, and your subscription will auto-renew until you decide to cancel.
If you cancel, your subscription will remain active for the remainder of the time period for which you paid, but your subscription will not auto-renew at the end of that time period. Cancellation request must be received at least 24 hours before auto renewal date.
If you purchase a monthly subscription on January 5th and then cancel your subscription on January 20th, you will still be able to connect with other subscribers until February 5th.
You can cancel your subscription at any time by clicking on “My Account” in the top menu, then clicking on “Cancel Paid Subscription” next to “Subscription Status”. Fitness Singles does not prorate unused portions of subscriptions.
Cancellation of paid subscription returns your profile to free membership after the time period for which you paid expires. Your profile is still viewable by other members but you lose the ability to initiate messages to members who are of interest to you. You can remain a free member as long as you like and upgrade your membership again at any time if you see someone to whom you would like to send a message.
To update your username information in your profile, click “My Profile” from the top menu then click “Edit Username”. Make sure to press Save after your changes have been made. To change your password, click “My Account” from the top menu and then click “Change Password”.
To change your email address, click “My Account” from the top menu and then click “Change”.
To change your location, click “My Profile” from the top menu and then click “Edit Location”.
Inactivating/hiding your profile prevents it from being seen by other members and allows you to reactivate at a later time. Click “My Account” from the top menu then check “Hide Profile” next to “Profile Status”. To reactivate and show your profile, simply click “Show Profile”.
To update information in your profile, click “My Profile” in the top menu, click “Edit Profile”, and then click on the appropriate section you wish to edit.
There are two possible reasons for this:
- Your profile has recently been posted or updated so it is being reviewed for quality content.
- You have inactivated/hidden your profile. (Go to “My Account” and click “Show Profile”.)
To view your profile, click “My Profile” from the top menu and then click “View My Profile”.
Fitness Singles welcomes all adults seeking one-to-one relationships ranging from companionship to friendship, romance to marriage
Our Quality Assurance team reviews each and every profile to provide our members with a comfortable environment, also ensuring them the best possible chances of meeting quality individuals. We reserve the right to revise our guidelines from time to time, so please check back for updates.
We may reject profiles if the username, headline, or narrative text contain any of the following:
- Any direct contact information (i.e. email addresses, URLs, ICQ/instant messenger IDs, phone numbers, full names, addresses)
- Any location or descriptive information that threatens a member’s anonymity
- Abusive language of any kind (i.e. vulgarity, racism)
- Discussion or descriptions of illegal acts or behavior (i.e. drug use, violence)
- Business or political advertisements or solicitations
- Material that exploits or solicits personal information from individuals under the age of 18
- Foreign languages (to effectively monitor profiles, they must be in English)
- Solicitation of multiple or additional partners
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked material
- Overt sexual innuendo or discussion
Fitness Singles does not accept content from:
- Incarcerated individuals
- Individuals under the age of 18
Thanks for your help in preserving the welcome environment that continues to be so important to our members and a driving factor of Fitness Singles’ continuing success!
There are a variety of reasons which may cause this. Make sure you’ve done everything in the list below to improve your chances of being noticed.
- Post a profile photo — It’s no secret, people want to talk with people they can see!
- Update your bio — This is the most important part of your profile! Putting a little extra thought into this section will pay off.
- Be Creative! — Make your profile and emails stand out from the rest. Be descriptive and detailed about who you are and what you like!
Using the Hide Profile feature prevents your profile from coming up in new searches. Existing contacts will still be able to view your profile and send you messages. To turn this feature on, go to My Account > Account Settings. Next to “Hide profile”, select “Yes”.
Since it’s free to keep your profile on Fitness Singles, we recommend you hide your profile instead. Hiding your profile prevents it from being seen by other members and allows you to reactivate at a later time. To hide your account click “My Account” from the top menu then click “Hide Profile”. If you still want to remove your profile, simply click “Remove Profile” in the “My Account” section.
You may also contact us for support.
- Direct upload
- Click “My Profile” in the top menu and then click “Add/Edit Photos”.
- Click the “Select Photo” to upload a photo from your hard drive. Choose the file directory where your photo is located, then select and upload the photo from your hard drive.
If you are experiencing a technical problem with the direct upload feature, please email your photo. When doing so, it is important that you do the following to ensure the most prompt response:
- Include your username in the subject line. (e.g. “Photo upload
problem - YourName”)
Emails with blank subject lines will immediately be labeled as spam.
- Include a brief explanation of what technical problem(s) you are encountering
- Include your username in the subject line. (e.g. “Photo upload problem - YourName”)
- Postal Mail
If you don’t have digital photos or a scanner, we can scan your photos for you. Please make sure to write your username on the back of every photo. If you would like them mailed back to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
e-Unity Corp/ Fitness Singles
257 S Shore Drive
Buffalo, NY 14219
We accept JPG (jpeg), PNG, TIF, GIF and BMP files only no greater than 5 MB in size. Image dimensions should be no smaller than 300 x 400 pixels tall.
Before photos are approved, they go through our screening and approval process to ensure a safe and pleasant online environment. If you would like your photo to be posted as quickly as possible, please make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Sexually explicit or offensive photos are not permitted.
- You must appear in your photo.
- Your photo’s file size should not exceed 6 MB.
- Your photo must be one of the following standard file types: JPEG, GIF or BMP.
- No copyrighted material
We recommend submitting a clear headshot and full body shot to increase the quality of your profile.
Please allow 24 hours for us to review your photo. When your photo is approved, it will automatically appear in your profile. An approval notification will be sent to your Fitness Singles email account.
To do a search, click “Search” in the top menu and click “Basic”, “Custom”, or “Username”.
If you don’t get any results, try broadening your search criteria. In particular, increase the distance “within” and/or try expanding the age range. If this does not produce any results, there may not be any profiles matching your criteria at this time. The good news is that we’re adding hundreds of new profiles everyday so don’t give up!
Viewed My Profile
“Viewed My Profile” is a fun section which allows you to see who’s been checking out your profile. The page is automatically sorted by the most recent viewings first. Click here to see who has viewed your profile.
“Show Interest” is a quick and easy way to show someone that you’re interested in them and break the ice. Press “Show Interest” on a member’s profile and a message will be sent to their inbox on your behalf. Prior to sending the message you will have an opportunity to read the prepared text. Please note that you are only allowed to use this feature once per member.
Whenever you save a profile, it is stored in “Profiles I Saved” under the “Connections” section. You can view members who have saved your profile by clicking “Saved My Profile”. To liven things up a bit, the member whose profile you have saved will be able to see that you have saved their profile. Many members use this as an indirect way of “showing interest.”